Subject: bug#47474: closed (Re: bug#47474: fossil: hash mismatch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 16:51:03 +0000

Your bug report

#47474: fossil: hash mismatch

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47474: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47474
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47474: fossil: hash mismatch
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], phodina <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 18:50:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Thanks Jack for the follow up. :-)

On Tue, 05 Jul 2022 at 17:49, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We would need to check whether older releases are available.  Disarchive
> is relatively recent so they’re likely to be missing there, but Timothy
> Sample has a Disarchive database that goes several years back, unlike
> disarchive.guix.gnu.org.  Worth checking!

I guess the Timothy’s database starts on 2019-05-05 which is v1.0.  The
last coverage is from Jan 2022.

<https://ngyro.com/pog-reports/latest/>

> Anyhow, I think this issue can be closed.

Done.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: fossil: hash mismatch
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 17:33:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Using Guix 55685e4, I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build -S --no-substitutes fossil
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/0cb20s9w8l8jg7i1dnw2xw0j197cbhxq-fossil-src-2.11.tar.xz.drv
   /gnu/store/l6wr7qb60ahg4kslajr3rqk3limhvs0a-fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz.drv
building /gnu/store/l6wr7qb60ahg4kslajr3rqk3limhvs0a-fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz.drv...

Starting download of
/gnu/store/pb5jmi9zalg6xylzsjmrskwxs0kar97l-fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz
>From https://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/uv/fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz...
following redirection to
`https://fossil-scm.org/home/uv/fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz'...
downloading from
https://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/uv/fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz ...

sha256 hash mismatch for
/gnu/store/pb5jmi9zalg6xylzsjmrskwxs0kar97l-fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz:
  expected hash: 0c9nzx42wxfmym9vf1pnbdb1c7gp7a7zqky60izxsph7w2xh8nix
  actual hash:   0mdqa9w1p6cmli6976v4wi0sw9r4p5prkj7lzfd1877wk11c9c73
hash mismatch for store item
'/gnu/store/pb5jmi9zalg6xylzsjmrskwxs0kar97l-fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz'
build of /gnu/store/l6wr7qb60ahg4kslajr3rqk3limhvs0a-fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/l6/wr7qb60ahg4kslajr3rqk3limhvs0a-fossil-src-2.11.tar.gz.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/0cb20s9w8l8jg7i1dnw2xw0j197cbhxq-fossil-src-2.11.tar.xz.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/0cb20s9w8l8jg7i1dnw2xw0j197cbhxq-fossil-src-2.11.tar.xz.drv'
failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It is probably an upstream in-place replacement.

All the best,
simon