Subject: missing source crypto++

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 17:17:31 +0200

Hi,

Using Guix 55685e4, I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build -S --no-substitutes crypto++
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/ygm0vj16131ki4dp19g07r9qva96na6z-cryptopp840.zip.drv
   /gnu/store/ak8srnbal72rvkl646j5p9ylf39m60md-unzip-6.0.drv
   /gnu/store/ckxh9dx7nf9mx0vkr6a7y8biwxisgqpv-unzip60.tar.xz.drv
   /gnu/store/ss5klqhzwavdy1r7xr5x4fpiwabv74gc-unzip60.tar.gz.drv
   /gnu/store/h43wi0jqkg13dsmc51d3bjmbzwrvgpq5-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip.drv
building /gnu/store/h43wi0jqkg13dsmc51d3bjmbzwrvgpq5-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip.drv...

Starting download of
/gnu/store/8dvs6mdlkgfjpyyislj7mhym329z53ww-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip
>From https://cryptopp.com/cryptopp840.zip...
In procedure connect*: No route to host

Starting download of
/gnu/store/8dvs6mdlkgfjpyyislj7mhym329z53ww-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip
>From https://ci.guix.gnu.org/file/zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip/sha256/16kvfm11xv7j9a3yykzysjgw38a9b7lnc5n5x5h82g395k6ybxf0...
download failed
"https://ci.guix.gnu.org/file/zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip/sha256/16kvfm11xv7j9a3yykzysjgw38a9b7lnc5n5x5h82g395k6ybxf0"
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of
/gnu/store/8dvs6mdlkgfjpyyislj7mhym329z53ww-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip
>From https://tarballs.nixos.org/sha256/16kvfm11xv7j9a3yykzysjgw38a9b7lnc5n5x5h82g395k6ybxf0...
download failed
"https://tarballs.nixos.org/sha256/16kvfm11xv7j9a3yykzysjgw38a9b7lnc5n5x5h82g395k6ybxf0"
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of
/gnu/store/8dvs6mdlkgfjpyyislj7mhym329z53ww-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip
>From https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/content/sha256:c0f5e5cd2c693c8160e9c51666e95949a1c19fd4fe4fef874af2ec1e42757b9a/raw/...
download failed
"https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/content/sha256:c0f5e5cd2c693c8160e9c51666e95949a1c19fd4fe4fef874af2ec1e42757b9a/raw/"
404 "Not Found"
failed to download
"/gnu/store/8dvs6mdlkgfjpyyislj7mhym329z53ww-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip"
from "https://cryptopp.com/cryptopp840.zip"
builder for `/gnu/store/h43wi0jqkg13dsmc51d3bjmbzwrvgpq5-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip.drv'
failed to produce output path
`/gnu/store/8dvs6mdlkgfjpyyislj7mhym329z53ww-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip'
build of /gnu/store/h43wi0jqkg13dsmc51d3bjmbzwrvgpq5-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/h4/3wi0jqkg13dsmc51d3bjmbzwrvgpq5-zipbomb-cryptopp840.zip.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/ygm0vj16131ki4dp19g07r9qva96na6z-cryptopp840.zip.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/ygm0vj16131ki4dp19g07r9qva96na6z-cryptopp840.zip.drv'
failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The easy fix is to replace by <https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp>;
keeping url-fetch or replacing by git-fetch.

All the best,
simon