Subject: bug#47448: lualatex doesn't find libzzip-0.so.13 (easy bug?)

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 12:29:13 +0200

Hello Sergiu,

Am Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 08:22:30PM +0100 schrieb Sergiu Ivanov:
> I have trouble running lualatex from the TeX Live distribution (package
> texlive) :
> $ lualatex
> /home/scolobb/.guix-profile/bin/lualatex: error while loading shared libraries: libzzip-0.so.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I confirm the bug, and am forwarding it to the bugtracker.
lualatex is a wrapped binary, and the following shows the problem:
$ ldd $(guix build texlive-bin)/bin/luatex
...
	libzzip-0.so.13 => not found

> I installed the zziplib package which brings in libzzip.so.13, but not
> libzzip-0.so.13.

Indeed this seems to be the problem, and I suspect it is happening in the
zziplib package. Its version is 0.13.72, but the soname versions are
13.0.72, which already suggests that there is some confusion happening.
Regardless, part of the version number should not appear before the "so"
in libzzip-0.so.13.

Hm, the following looks correct, issued from a profile containing zziplib:
$ pkg-config --libs zziplib
-L/gnu/store/fx0cdzzppd8jc09sianbq6gl1h7mxx3x-zziplib-0.13.72/lib -L/gnu/store/rykm237xkmq7rl1p0nwass01p090p88x-zlib-1.2.11/lib -lzzip -lz

So it might be a problem with texlive-bin instead.

Andreas