Subject: Re: [bug#47433] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add lagrange.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 14:18:16 -0400

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 02:46:29PM +0100, Léo Le Bouter via Guix-patches via wrote:
> * gnu/packages/web.scm (lagrange): New variable.

Thanks!

> +;; When upgrading, also upgrade the "the-foundation" package just above.
> +;; Lagrange pins specific commits of it and "the-foundation" does not make
> +;; releases (yet?).

Can you add a note about how to figure out which commit is pinned?

> +              (modules '((guix build utils)))
> +              (snippet
> +               '(begin
> +                  (delete-file-recursively "lib/the_Foundation")
> +                  #t))))

Please add a comment explaining why we have this snippet. In general,
snippets are only used to transform "non-free" source code into
something that conforms with the Free System Distribution Guidelines
[0], or to correct grave bugs in the source code.

> +    (synopsis "Beautiful desktop GUI client for browsing Geminispace")

The manual section Synopses and Descriptions asks us to avoid so-called
"marketing language". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... :)

Otherwise, LGTM!

[0] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html