Subject: allocating JIT code buffer failed: Permission denied

From: Jeffrey Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 18:48:22 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I'm building Guile 3.0.5 on OS X 11.2.3. It looks like Guile is having
some trouble:

libtool: link: /usr/bin/clang -std=gnu11 -I/usr/local/include
-D_THREAD_SAFE -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fvisibility=hidden -I/usr/local/include
-g2 -O2 -fno-common -arch arm64 -fPIC -pthread -I/usr/local/include
-D_THREAD_SAFE -Wl,-rpath -Wl,@loader_path/../lib -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib -o .libs/guile guile-guile.o  -L/usr/local/lib
./.libs/libguile-3.0.dylib /usr/local/lib/libgc.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libffi.dylib /usr/local/lib/libintl.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libunistring.dylib /usr/local/lib/libiconv.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libgmp.dylib /usr/local/lib/libltdl.dylib -ldl
-lpthread -pthread
cat alist.doc array-handle.doc array-map.doc arrays.doc async.doc
atomic.doc backtrace.doc boolean.doc bitvectors.doc bytevectors.doc
chars.doc control.doc continuations.doc debug.doc deprecated.doc
deprecation.doc dynl.doc dynwind.doc eq.doc error.doc eval.doc
evalext.doc exceptions.doc expand.doc extensions.doc
fdes-finalizers.doc feature.doc filesys.doc fluids.doc foreign.doc
fports.doc gc-malloc.doc gc.doc gettext.doc generalized-arrays.doc
generalized-vectors.doc goops.doc gsubr.doc guardians.doc hash.doc
hashtab.doc hooks.doc i18n.doc init.doc ioext.doc keywords.doc
list.doc load.doc macros.doc mallocs.doc memoize.doc modules.doc
numbers.doc objprop.doc options.doc pairs.doc ports.doc print.doc
procprop.doc procs.doc promises.doc r6rs-ports.doc random.doc
rdelim.doc read.doc rw.doc scmsigs.doc script.doc simpos.doc smob.doc
sort.doc srcprop.doc srfi-1.doc srfi-4.doc srfi-13.doc srfi-14.doc
srfi-60.doc stackchk.doc stacks.doc stime.doc strings.doc strorder.doc
strports.doc struct.doc symbols.doc syntax.doc threads.doc throw.doc
unicode.doc uniform.doc values.doc variable.doc vectors.doc
version.doc vports.doc weak-set.doc weak-table.doc weak-vector.doc
dynl.doc posix.doc net_db.doc socket.doc regex-posix.doc |
GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 ../meta/build-env guild
snarf-check-and-output-texi          > guile-procedures.texi || { rm
guile-procedures.texi; false; }
allocating JIT code buffer failed: Permission denied
jit.c:5804: fatal: assertion failed
/bin/sh: line 1: 58915 Broken pipe: 13         cat alist.doc
array-handle.doc array-map.doc arrays.doc async.doc atomic.doc
backtrace.doc boolean.doc bitvectors.doc bytevectors.doc chars.doc
control.doc continuations.doc debug.doc deprecated.doc deprecation.doc
dynl.doc dynwind.doc eq.doc error.doc eval.doc evalext.doc
exceptions.doc expand.doc extensions.doc fdes-finalizers.doc
feature.doc filesys.doc fluids.doc foreign.doc fports.doc
gc-malloc.doc gc.doc gettext.doc generalized-arrays.doc
generalized-vectors.doc goops.doc gsubr.doc guardians.doc hash.doc
hashtab.doc hooks.doc i18n.doc init.doc ioext.doc keywords.doc
list.doc load.doc macros.doc mallocs.doc memoize.doc modules.doc
numbers.doc objprop.doc options.doc pairs.doc ports.doc print.doc
procprop.doc procs.doc promises.doc r6rs-ports.doc random.doc
rdelim.doc read.doc rw.doc scmsigs.doc script.doc simpos.doc smob.doc
sort.doc srcprop.doc srfi-1.doc srfi-4.doc srfi-13.doc srfi-14.doc
srfi-60.doc stackchk.doc stacks.doc stime.doc strings.doc strorder.doc
strports.doc struct.doc symbols.doc syntax.doc threads.doc throw.doc
unicode.doc uniform.doc values.doc variable.doc vectors.doc
version.doc vports.doc weak-set.doc weak-table.doc weak-vector.doc
dynl.doc posix.doc net_db.doc socket.doc regex-posix.doc
     58916 Abort trap: 6           | GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
../meta/build-env guild snarf-check-and-output-texi >
guile-procedures.texi
gmake[3]: *** [guile-procedures.texi] Error 1