Subject: Re: bug#47424: 28.0.50; enable-theme shows an empty list

From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 02:50:38 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>
>
> If I do
>
>     emacs -Q
>     M-x enable-theme RET TAB
>
> I'd expect to see a list of available themes including at least thoese
> in `etc/themes`, but that list is empty ;-(
>

According to the documentation, `enable-theme' enables variable and face
settings of already loaded themes, so I think it makes sense that it
doesn't offer completions in emacs -Q, because there is no loaded theme
yet.

Perhaps you wanted to do M-x load-theme, which should properly complete
with themes from etc/themes, among other directories?