Subject: 28.0.50; enable-theme shows an empty list

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 17:41:25 -0400

Package: Emacs
Version: 28.0.50

If I do

    emacs -Q
    M-x enable-theme RET TAB

I'd expect to see a list of available themes including at least thoese
in `etc/themes`, but that list is empty ;-(

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-16 built on alfajor
Repository revision: e325e51217a5504dd61656eeaf1b7d62ecdc0248
Repository branch: work
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-modules --with-cairo --with-tiff=ifavailable
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-compact-docstrings-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ivy-hydra/ivy-hydra hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ivy/ivy-hydra
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/hyperbole/set hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/set
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/landmark/landmark hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/landmark
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/crisp/crisp hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/crisp

Features:
(rfc2104 smtpmail shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug adaptive-wrap
mm-archive url-dav cus-edit cus-start cus-load url-http-ntlm ntlm
hmac-md5 hex-util md4 gnutls network-stream url-http url-gw nsm
shr-color color html5-schema rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util
nxml-enc xmltok sh-script make-mode tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration tramp-compat ls-lisp gited-tests gited gited-ci ert
hideshow sml-mode package-x two-column typer-mode url-file url-dired
url-cache quail texinfo tex-mode mode-local bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site
timezone tuareg tuareg-opam caml-types caml-help caml-emacs find-file
completion sendmail nroff-mode cperl-mode rx facemenu perl-mode epa-file
tuareg-jbuild-mode scheme edebug emms-source-file locate emms
emms-compat loadhist prefixed-core debug backtrace dabbrev grep ielm pp
autorevert filenotify files-x vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc pcase log-view ffap autoload cl-print enriched
shell dired-aux dired-x shortdoc help-fns radix-tree view cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
cal-french diary-lib diary-loaddefs mule-util cal-move org-element
avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar imenu
ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit ol-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb
ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs whitespace
sm-c-mode smie rect bug-reference log-edit message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log misearch multi-isearch cl-extra
executable copyright smerge-mode diff vc vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
filecache server time-date flymake-proc flymake compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color ring warnings noutline outline
easy-mmode flyspell ispell checkdoc lisp-mnt thingatpt help-mode edmacro
kmacro load-dir elec-pair reveal autoinsert savehist minibuf-eldef
disp-table compact-docstrings proof-site proof-autoloads cl-seq
gnu-elpa-features kotl-autoloads finder-inf url-auth info sly-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook simple minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table help abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 2117642 359421)
 (symbols 24 58178 92) (strings 16 237236 31333) (string-bytes 1 8204470)
 (vectors 8 207462)
 (vector-slots 4 3873938 567298) (floats 8 1566 415)
 (intervals 28 319267 613)
 (buffers 564 655))