Subject: bug#47424: 28.0.50; enable-theme shows an empty list

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 09:10:22 +0300

severity 47424 wishlist
thanks

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 21:57:31 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Perhaps you wanted to do M-x load-theme, which should properly complete
> > with themes from etc/themes, among other directories?
> 
> I know it works as documented, but I don't think it's the behavior we
> really want.  We should autoload themes, just like we autoload pretty
> much everything else.

So you are asking for a new feature: autoload themes.

However, while autoloading commands, functions, and variables happens
when they are first used, what would be the trigger(s) for autoloading
themes?  If it's just enable-theme, I'm not sure autoloading themes is
justified.