Subject: 28.0.50; Redundant install of themes

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 17:38:39 -0400

Package: Emacs
Version: 28.0.50

Emacs's `package.el` is not told about the themes that we bundle,
so they may get installed redundantly from ELPA even though we
already have it available locally.

This happens at least with leuven and modus-themes.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-16 built on alfajor
Repository revision: e325e51217a5504dd61656eeaf1b7d62ecdc0248
Repository branch: work
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-modules --with-cairo --with-tiff=ifavailable
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-compact-docstrings-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ivy-hydra/ivy-hydra hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ivy/ivy-hydra
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/hyperbole/set hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/set
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/landmark/landmark hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/landmark
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/crisp/crisp hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/crisp

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug adaptive-wrap mm-archive url-dav
cus-edit cus-start cus-load url-http-ntlm ntlm hmac-md5 hex-util md4
gnutls network-stream url-http url-gw nsm shr-color color html5-schema
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok
sh-script make-mode tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
tramp-compat ls-lisp gited-tests gited gited-ci ert hideshow sml-mode
package-x two-column typer-mode url-file url-dired url-cache quail
texinfo tex-mode mode-local bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone tuareg
tuareg-opam caml-types caml-help caml-emacs find-file completion
sendmail nroff-mode cperl-mode rx facemenu perl-mode epa-file
tuareg-jbuild-mode scheme edebug emms-source-file locate emms
emms-compat loadhist prefixed-core debug backtrace dabbrev grep ielm pp
autorevert filenotify files-x vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc pcase log-view ffap autoload cl-print enriched
shell dired-aux dired-x shortdoc help-fns radix-tree view cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
cal-french diary-lib diary-loaddefs mule-util cal-move org-element
avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar imenu
ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit ol-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb
ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs whitespace
sm-c-mode smie rect bug-reference log-edit message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log misearch multi-isearch cl-extra
executable copyright smerge-mode diff vc vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
filecache server time-date flymake-proc flymake compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color ring warnings noutline outline
easy-mmode flyspell ispell checkdoc lisp-mnt thingatpt help-mode edmacro
kmacro load-dir elec-pair reveal autoinsert savehist minibuf-eldef
disp-table compact-docstrings proof-site proof-autoloads cl-seq
gnu-elpa-features kotl-autoloads finder-inf url-auth info sly-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook simple minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table help abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 2108022 369041)
 (symbols 24 58111 1) (strings 16 236791 27746) (string-bytes 1 8183982)
 (vectors 8 206584)
 (vector-slots 4 3857180 633112) (floats 8 1561 420)
 (intervals 28 319040 717)
 (buffers 564 654))