Subject: Re: bug#47416: Strange sentence in documentation of 'insert-file-contents'

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 14:31:39 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > In addition, this function decodes the inserted text from known formats
  > > by calling `format-decode', which see.

  > It looks like there is something wrong about this sentence.

  > "... which see." — See what?

See `format-decode'.

"which see" after some nominal says to go look at that nominal.
It is slightly old-fashioned usage but not obsolete.

There is no obstacle to stating that sentence some other way if that
is clearer.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)