Subject: bug#47398: generic-html updater does not work for exiv2 package

From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 01:46:02 +0100

$ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh exiv2
gnu/packages/image.scm:1343:2: warning: 'generic-html' updater failed
to determine available releases for exiv2

It seems applying this patch does not help either:

diff --git a/gnu/packages/image.scm b/gnu/packages/image.scm
index d04a247976..8ede48eea5 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/image.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/image.scm
@@ -1350,6 +1350,9 @@ channels.")
                            "-Source.tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32
"0y77wfadjsrcxijdqgkr3q88b6mm9y3rg8kqsmaig8iah49md7x7"))))
+    (properties
+     `((release-monitoring-url
+        . "https://www.exiv2.org/download.html")))
     (build-system cmake-build-system)
     (arguments '(#:tests? #f))          ; no test suite
     (propagated-inputs

https://www.exiv2.org/builds/ is a common directory listing.

The URLs contain 'Source' in them, is that another corner case? I don't
know how it works precisely yet :-)

Thank you