Subject: Re: bug#47389: 27.1.91; completion issue on eshell

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 12:45:05 +0100

Andrés Ramírez <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi. I have not being able of reproducing this issue with emacs -Q. It
> just happens sometimes when trying completion M-/ on eshell. On this case I
> was trying fsc (for fsck). And this is the error message:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable glob-name)
>   (if glob-name completions (setq completions (append (if (fboundp 'eshell-al

[...]

>   completion-at-point()
>   funcall-interactively(completion-at-point)
>   call-interactively(completion-at-point nil nil)
>   command-execute(completion-at-point)

I'm unable to reproduce this bug in the emacs-27 branch, and I'm also a
bit confused by the description of the bug.  `M-/` is bound to
`dabbrev-expand' in "emacs -Q", but your backtrace says
`completion-at-point', which is what `TAB' is bound to.

Are you sure that this is with "emacs -Q"?  Your bug report doesn't say
what check-out you're at, either -- is your version of the source tree
current or old?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no