Subject: Re: bug#47389: 27.1.91; completion issue on eshell

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:05:55 +0000

Hi. Lars.

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    Lars> andrés ramírez <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> No. I was NOT able of reproducing this with 'emacs -Q'.

    Lars> The backtrace also seems to indicate that em-cmpl file hasn't been byte-compiled at all.
    Lars> Or do you perhaps have a copy of the eshell--complete-commands-list somewhere else, for
    Lars> instance in your .emacs file?

Today I was reading the list [email-masked]. And I found this
message:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2021-04/msg00216.html
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

On that message Stefan mentions  bug#41423. On 
bug#41423 I had been testing Stefan's 'minimalist version of the patch'. So Indeed I have a copy of
the function 'eshell--complete-commands-list' at the end of my 'dot emacs'. So I think this bug
report is a continuation of bug#41423.

IMO. This bug should be marked duplicate.

I am going to reply on bug#41423. Explaining the tiny added change on
Stefan's 'minimalist version of the patch' for fixing bug#47389. Perhaps Stefan would indicate
If the change done is right.

Best Regards