Subject: Re: bug#47389: 27.1.91; completion issue on eshell

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 12:56:36 +0000

Hi. Lars.

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

    Lars> In any case, what you're seeing is typically what you'd get if em-cmpl.el has been
    Lars> miscompiled somehow, or you have a copy of that file somewhere that's mangled -- it uses
    Lars> lexical binding here, but if that's not heeded, you'd get the error you're seeing.

    Lars> So I'd update and re-build Emacs and see whether that helps.

On this weekend I am going to compile 27.2. So I sent this just in case
someone else has been experiencing the same behaviour. But as far as I
understand I am the only one.

    Lars> The backtrace also seems to indicate that em-cmpl file hasn't been byte-compiled at all.
    Lars> Or do you perhaps have a copy of the eshell--complete-commands-list somewhere else, for
    Lars> instance in your .emacs file?

This is my eshell setup:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
https://termbin.com/2uyd
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Best Regards