Subject: bug#47375: closed (Re: bug#47375: guix test failure: tests/print)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 23:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47375: guix test failure: tests/print

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47375: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47375
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47375: guix test failure: tests/print
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>, Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 00:23:11 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

Instead of renaming ‘url-fetch*’, I changed the thing that guesses the
procedure name so that it preferable uses the procedure’s public name,
rather than the name it has within its module.  Done in
96aa98b6ca78ffb798e309acac3c3e5068422f30.

Thanks, and apologies for the breakage!

Ludo’.

Subject: guix test failure: tests/print
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 02:44:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

FAIL: tests/print
=================

test-name: simple package
location: /tmp/guix-build-guix-1.2.0-18.86dd54f.drv-
0/source/tests/print.scm:70
source:
+ (test-equal
+   "simple package"
+   `(define-public test ,pkg-source)
+   (package->code pkg))
expected-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (home-page "
http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
actual-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch*) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (home-page "
http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
result: FAIL

test-name: package with inputs
location: /tmp/guix-build-guix-1.2.0-18.86dd54f.drv-
0/source/tests/print.scm:74
source:
+ (test-equal
+   "package with inputs"
+   `(define-public test ,pkg-with-inputs-source)
+   (package->code pkg-with-inputs))
expected-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (inputs
(quasiquote (("coreutils" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) coreutils)))
("glibc" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) glibc)) "debug")))) (home-page 
"http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
actual-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch*) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (inputs
(quasiquote (("coreutils" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) coreutils)))
("glibc" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) glibc)) "debug")))) (home-page 
"http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
result: FAIL

Full log: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/117996/log/raw

Seems related to f7008ca71351e5368a7c1c5bc3fe88fb80b01298

This patch fixes the issue but I am not sure it retains the test's
original intent:

diff --git a/tests/print.scm b/tests/print.scm
index 3386590d3a..85735cf9ae 100644
--- a/tests/print.scm
+++ b/tests/print.scm
@@ -19,7 +19,7 @@
 (define-module (test-print)
   #:use-module (guix import print)
   #:use-module (guix build-system gnu)
-  #:use-module (guix download)
+  #:use-module (guix build download)
   #:use-module (guix packages)
   #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)
   #:use-module (srfi srfi-64))

Let me know!

Thank you