Subject: bug#47375: guix test failure: tests/print

From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 02:44:37 +0100

FAIL: tests/print
=================

test-name: simple package
location: /tmp/guix-build-guix-1.2.0-18.86dd54f.drv-
0/source/tests/print.scm:70
source:
+ (test-equal
+   "simple package"
+   `(define-public test ,pkg-source)
+   (package->code pkg))
expected-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (home-page "
http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
actual-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch*) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (home-page "
http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
result: FAIL

test-name: package with inputs
location: /tmp/guix-build-guix-1.2.0-18.86dd54f.drv-
0/source/tests/print.scm:74
source:
+ (test-equal
+   "package with inputs"
+   `(define-public test ,pkg-with-inputs-source)
+   (package->code pkg-with-inputs))
expected-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (inputs
(quasiquote (("coreutils" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) coreutils)))
("glibc" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) glibc)) "debug")))) (home-page 
"http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
actual-value: (define-public test (package (name "test") (version
"1.2.3") (source (origin (method url-fetch*) (uri (string-append
"file:///tmp/test-" version ".tar.gz")) (sha256 (base32
"070pwb7brdcn1mfvplkd56vjc7lbz4iznzkqvfsakvgbv68k71ah")))) (build-
system (@ (guix build-system gnu) gnu-build-system)) (inputs
(quasiquote (("coreutils" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) coreutils)))
("glibc" (unquote (@ (gnu packages base) glibc)) "debug")))) (home-page 
"http://gnu.org") (synopsis "Dummy") (description "This is a dummy
package.") (license license:gpl3+)))
result: FAIL

Full log: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/117996/log/raw

Seems related to f7008ca71351e5368a7c1c5bc3fe88fb80b01298

This patch fixes the issue but I am not sure it retains the test's
original intent:

diff --git a/tests/print.scm b/tests/print.scm
index 3386590d3a..85735cf9ae 100644
--- a/tests/print.scm
+++ b/tests/print.scm
@@ -19,7 +19,7 @@
 (define-module (test-print)
   #:use-module (guix import print)
   #:use-module (guix build-system gnu)
-  #:use-module (guix download)
+  #:use-module (guix build download)
   #:use-module (guix packages)
   #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)
   #:use-module (srfi srfi-64))

Let me know!

Thank you