Subject: bug#47369: 28.0.50; Current tab name is not correct after tab-rename

From: Gerry Agbobada <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 00:28:06 +0100

In a graphical Emacs, run this file named 'tab-name.el'
#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(tab-new)
(tab-rename "second tab")
(tab-next)
(tab-rename "first tab")
;; Expecting "first tab" here. Instead got "tab-name.el"
(alist-get 'name (tab-bar--current-tab))
#+END_SRC

I'm currently using flatwhatson's guix recipe for
emacs-pgtk-native-comp, that might explain the information in the bug
report. For the record, I couldn't reproduce it on 27.1, and
'emacs-next' recipe wasn't recent enough to provide a meaningful test
against current master, sorry.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure
 CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
 SHELL=/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
 --prefix=/gnu/store/k9zby8j7y86pa86l13kkjm7md63b3g03-emacs-native-comp-28.0.50-144.7ba816e
 --enable-fast-install --with-native-compilation --with-modules
 --with-cairo --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
/home/gagbo/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp:/home/gagbo/.guix-profile/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp:/home/gagbo/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp:/home/gagbo/.guix-profile/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
vterm-autoloads guix-emacs comp comp-cstr warnings subr-x rx cl-seq
cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 68523 5439)
 (symbols 48 7828 1)
 (strings 32 22581 4699)
 (string-bytes 1 781032)
 (vectors 16 16218)
 (vector-slots 8 217679 14633)
 (floats 8 27 39)
 (intervals 56 321 6)
 (buffers 992 14))