Subject: 28.0.50; map-elt returns nil without "deprecated" TESTFN

From: dalanicolai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 23:52:57 +0100

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

The docstring of the map-elt function from the map.el package (version
3.0) mentions that TESTFN is deprecated because "its default depends on
the MAP argument". However when I try e.g.

(map-elt '(("A1" . 3)) "A1")

it returns nil.

When I add the correct TESTFN

(map-elt '(("A1" . 3)) "A1" nil 'string=)

it does correctly return 3.

So it seems to me that TESTFN is not yet deprecated, or that otherwise I
am understanding it incorrectly. In that case I would label this as a
documentation bug.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.25,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-02-18 built on daniel-fedora
Repository revision: 185121da6978553d538d37d6d0e67dc52e13311f
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition Prerelease)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-nativecomp'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json text-property-search time-date subr-x
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv help-fns
radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace help-mode easymenu find-func
cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face pcase macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 74272 8338)
 (symbols 48 7113 0)
 (strings 32 20890 1678)
 (string-bytes 1 713441)
 (vectors 16 13521)
 (vector-slots 8 292167 12582)
 (floats 8 25 33)
 (intervals 56 238 0)
 (buffers 992 13))