Subject: 27.1; Tags search (regexp): FAILS

From: "Bob Floyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 13:10:29 -0700

Hi,

When I do a "tags-search FooFoo" sometimes the search stops in a buffer at
the wrong line. FooFoo is indeed in the buffer, but can be many lines away
from where emacs stopped. If I "kill-buffer" (C-x k) and restart the
"tags-search" then emacs stops at the correct line where FooFoo is. I think
this happens when I do a "tags-search", make edits in the buffer, then
"save-some-buffers" (C-x s) followed by a 2nd "tags-search" that then fails.

It appears maybe that the regex compiler isn't run after the edits?

Sorry I can't provide an exact sequence of commands for you to see it, it
doesn't happen always (maybe it doesn't even stop in the buffer and I don't
notice), but perhaps you can recognize the issue.

Thanks,

Bob Floyd

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)

of 2020-08-21 built on CIRROCUMULUS

Repository revision: 86d8d76aa36037184db0b2897c434cdaab1a9ae8

Repository branch: HEAD

Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19042

System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19042.867)

Recent messages:

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/ngnutmeg.c...

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/ngproc2mod.c...

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/ngsconvert.c...

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/ngspice.c...

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/sharedspice.c...

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/tclspice.c...

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/winmain.c...

Scanning file d:/Bob/cvs/apps/ngspice-34/ngspice-34/src/winmain.h...

user-error: All files processed

Beginning of buffer

Configured using:

'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

--without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:

XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2

HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:

  value of $LANG: ENU

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:

  shell-dirtrack-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  global-eldoc-mode: t

  electric-indent-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  buffer-read-only: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:

d:/Bob/.emacs.d/elpa/verilog-mode-2020.6.27.14326051/verilog-mode hides
c:/Program
Files/Emacs-27.1/x86_64/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/progmodes/verilog-mode

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml

mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs

text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231

mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums

mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils mule-util pulse thingatpt etags fileloop

generator xref project sh-script smie executable misearch multi-isearch

dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs time-date pcmpl-unix web-mode advice

derived edmacro kmacro shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring printing

ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr paren cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess

cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs finder-inf

tex-site info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse

auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs

password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp

byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify

ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table

term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image

regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode

lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch

timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu

font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian

utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean

japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european

ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop

case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray

cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files

text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule

custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32

lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:

((conses 16 367571 20618)

(symbols 48 16568 1)

(strings 32 59350 11795)

(string-bytes 1 1919672)

(vectors 16 23992)

(vector-slots 8 353922 22828)

(floats 8 314 304)

(intervals 56 27804 2209)

(buffers 1000 74))