Subject: bug#47358: 28.0.50; sql-list-tables: quotes are cumbersome, no need for it; include history

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 20:38:32 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> When executing C-c C-l t in sql-interactive-mode then tables are
>> completed with quotes like "activities" instead of just activities.
>>
>> It would be good not to use quotes, it is more usable that
>> way. Internally the table could require quotes to be called, but for
>> user to complete a string or name of table should not be necessary.
>>
>> Additionally I propose to include history for the function
>> sql-list-tables as calling tables' definitions may be frequent with some
>> users, and other mini buffer entries are not relevant to it.
>
> I'm copying in the sql.el maintainer here.  Michael, could you please take a
> look at the above feature request?

I'm not very familiar with sql.el, but if I read the code correctly,
`C-c C-l t' just outputs the data the SQL server spits back at us?  So
if you're using PostgreSQL, I guess that means that that's how
PostgreSQL formats the CREATE TABLE statement.

But I may be mistaken -- perhaps Michael has some comments here.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no