Subject: [bug#47356] [PATCH 0/2] Two Emacs packages related to Julia

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 04:01:51 +0100

Hi,

This patch adds 2 Emacs packages to deal with Julia.  Since I am not confident
with what is the inputs / propagated-inputs, please give a look.  From my
understanding and experiments, it seems to make sense.

Last, the most recent version tagged 1.0.0rc5 of 'emacs-julia-snail' uses the
Julia package 'CSTParser' which is not packaged yet on the Julia side.  It is
straightforward since that depends only on another Julia package.

However, importing all the (gnu packages julia-xyz) module in (gnu packages
emacs-xyz)---or conversely---does not make sense, IMHO.

Waiting progress on the side of Julia packages, let consider this 'rc4'
version using an ELisp parser for the Julia language.

Last, 'emacs-julia-snail' requires the package 'julia' to work.  Since 'M-x
julia-snail' runs a "server" with the code JuliaSnail.jl.  From my
understanding of the standards, this package 'julia' is not propagated.  Does
it make sense?

Cheers,
simon

zimoun (2):
  gnu: Add emacs-julia-repl.
  gnu: Add emacs-julia-snail.

 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm | 64 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 64 insertions(+)

base-commit: 8b2b5463963d5d4dee480b0cf73fa4a9eca414ba
-- 
2.29.2