Subject: Re: [bug#47350] [PATCH 00/29] Add Zygote (piece for Machine Learning with Julia)

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:08:07 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 at 22:41, Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Great!  If you can use the general registry directly is fine.

The plan is to start with Pkg.TOML has you did.  And see after if a
parser could be implemented with PEG or other.  I am not enough
comfortable with PEG to go with it (even if I run the tutorial etc.).
For instance, the 'cpan' importer checks if some Perl packages are
there.  Well, let start by not reinventing the wheel and see later.

> Dependency list is under .deps
>
> Example:
> curl 'https://juliahub.com/docs/Flux/QdkVy/0.11.6/pkg.json' | jq .deps

Yeah, but Project.toml distinguishes between "deps" and "extra", which
gives 'inputs' and 'propgated-inputs', roughly.

But, yeah JuliaHub is nicer because it provides partial synopses and
licenses.  Maybe I will change my mind. :-)

Cheers,
simon