Subject: [bug#47350] [PATCH 00/29] Add Zygote (piece for Machine Learning with Julia)

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 01:58:30 +0100

Hi Nicoló,

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 at 10:35, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 at 09:15, Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I changed the (check) function in julia-build-system adding
>> replacing invoke "julia" with invoke "julia" "--depwarn=yes", removed
>> your phase from julia-colors and everything went well (built zygote and
>> HTTP, which should cover all packages we have).  Would you mind
>> fixing the build system directly?  As I guess other packages will fail
>> the same way
>
> Ok, I will double-check if we change the option of the build system or
> simply locally tweak the arguments case per case.

Hum, I get these kind of messages:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Internal error: encountered unexpected error in runtime:
ErrorException("type UnionAll has no field size")
jl_errorf at /tmp/guix-build-julia-1.5.3.drv-0/julia-1.5.3/src/rtutils.c:77
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

for julia-datastructures for instance.  Even if the build is fine and
my small experiments seems correct.

Well, I have set this deprecation warning as a first commit in the v2.

Thanks,
simon