Subject: bug#47337: closed (Re: bug#47337: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation over and over again)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 15:49:03 +0000

Your bug report

#47337: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation over and over again

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47337: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47337
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47337: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation over and over again
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Konstantin Reich <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 15:48:34 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Konstantin Reich <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrea,
>
>> 4a3b43f55c fix it for me, could you verify?
> It works again.
> Thank you

Very nice, closing.

Thanks for reporting.

  Andrea

Subject: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation over and over again
From: Konstantin Reich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:42:42 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

With recent update, Emacs re-compiles all files over and over again.
So for example in the directory ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/28.0.50-da68e688
I have file "seq-c314b42f-92293e32.eln". I start emacs and the file is
compiled again. As a result, I have the same file with the
updated timestamp in the same directory.

Moreover, I have compiled emacs with "NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1". So i already have
the same file in :
/usr/local/lib/emacs/28.0.50/native-lisp/28.0.50-da68e688/
Still, every time i start emacs, it starts to recompile all files.

It is never ending cycle of compilation.

Before, I used emacs with last commit: 3e133cc050926284109fe61f4789f67676491ffa
Everything worked as expected.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-22 built on 07f36f52ee17
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Ubuntu 20.10

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix /usr/local --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk
 --with-json --with-gnutls --with-rsvg --without-xwidgets
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-xaw3d --with-mailutils
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  diredful-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  winner-mode: 1
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-global-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-local-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  feebleline-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mailalias bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone
mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
sendmail counsel swiper two-column vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
recentf bookmark pp lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr
lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-ui-util aggressive-indent
flycheck lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget spinner network-stream nsm
rmc markdown-mode lv inline ht ewoc flyspell gnuplot info-look paren
gamegrid org-protocol org-board eww-lnum eww xdg url-queue thingatpt shr
kinsoku svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr
org-attach org-id org-refile find-lisp ob-shell ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-python python
tramp-sh ob-latex ob-R ob-ledger ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-gnuplot ob-async
org-table-sticky-header pass imenu password-store auth-source-pass
with-editor server eperiodic cl array image-dired dired-du find-dired
diredful dired-x dired-async async dired-aux tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601
ls-lisp vterm face-remap term disp-table shell ehelp vterm-module
term/xterm xterm proced ivy-youtube request mailheader mail-utils
ibuf-macs autorevert filenotify undo-tree diff ivy delsel ivy-faces
ivy-overlay colir color which-key ispell skeletor compile
text-property-search let-alist f s dash winner ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
doc-view jka-compr yasnippet company-math math-symbol-lists
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company pcase edmacro kmacro image-mode
dired dired-loaddefs exif whole-line-or-region savehist hl-line
feebleline zenburn-theme use-package-ensure-system-package
system-packages use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars comp comp-cstr warnings
subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 570486 225121)
 (symbols 48 47841 10)
 (strings 32 191033 96306)
 (string-bytes 1 6077728)
 (vectors 16 83532)
 (vector-slots 8 1010998 256555)
 (floats 8 593 386)
 (intervals 56 13876 15884)
 (buffers 992 14))