Subject: bug#47334: 27.1; Incompatibility between daemon, desktop and highlight-changes-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 09:36:16 +0300

> From: Gilles <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 03:06:25 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> It appears that Emacs is waiting for input from an event object. I
> have no idea what that event object is about, or why the daemon would
> be waiting for input before starting the server.

I'm guessing that Emacs asked a question and is waiting for the user
to answer it.  But since you don't show the Lisp backtrace, it's hard
to know for sure.  If you type "xbacktrace", does GDB show the Lisp
backtrace?

> Turning on highlight-changes-mode should not depend on the
> capabilities of the current terminal or display, since this can change
> as new frames are attached.

We don't yet know if this is the problem, and thus hypothesis is
inconsistent with the fact that Emacs is waiting for the user to
answer some question.

Thanks.