Subject: bug#47329: efibootmgr failed to register the boot entry: Input/output error

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:01:57 +0100

David,

David Dashyan 写道：
> After running `rm /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/dump-*` followed by 
> reboot
> guix system reconfigure went without errors.

Happy to hear that!

I *think* that's a safe thing to do, at least on Lenovo devices.

> Also. While rebooting (I had to boot to ubuntu live cd first) I 
> noted
> that ubuntu has efibootmgr version 17.  And It works there. 
> Maybe we
> just need to update it?

Thanks, I'll try to update our efibootmgr.  Upstream[0] is still 
at 16.  Need to figure out what the Debian package actually 
contains.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/rhboot/efibootmgr