Subject: bug#47318: 26.3; Modules on Emacs 26.3 broken?

From: Sanel Zukan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:13:02 +0100

Hi guys,

I'm getting this [1] error from freshly compiled Emacs 26.3 and
vterm-module.

Also, emacs-eject [2] and very simple module [3] fails on 26.3 with the
similar error. However, they are working fine on 27.1.

Any idea what could go wrong? I also tried to run bare Emacs with
'emacs -Q'. In the all cases, Emacs is compiled with modules support.

[1] https://github.com/akermu/emacs-libvterm/issues/181
[2] https://github.com/syohex/emacs-eject
[3] http://diobla.info/blog-archive/modules-tut.html

Best regards,
Sanel

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2021-03-21 built on darkstar
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Directory ~/programs/emacs/emacs-eject/
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
user-error: No dynamic expansion for ‘add-to-li’ found
Mark set
Quit
Entering debugger...
: is undefined
Back to top level

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs-26.3 --with-modules --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM
MODULES THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.utf8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.utf8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/modes/async hides ~/.emacs.d/elpa/async-1.9.3/async
~/.emacs.d/modes/dired-async hides ~/.emacs.d/elpa/async-1.9.3/dired-async
~/.emacs.d/evil/lib/ert hides ~/programs/emacs/emacs-26.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/ert

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-alias mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cl-print debug
dabbrev term/rxvt term/xterm xterm elec-pair ido-vertical-mode ido
notmuch hl-line notmuch-message notmuch-hello wid-edit notmuch-tree
notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua notmuch-draft
notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser
notmuch-wash diff-mode coolj notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib notmuch-version
notmuch-compat message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-view mml-smime mml-sec epa epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils smime dig mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr org-protocol org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs evil evil-integration undo-tree
derived easy-mmode cl-extra help-mode diff cl evil-maps evil-commands
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice evil-common
windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs disp-table finder-inf
dash-functional-autoloads f-autoloads request-deferred-autoloads
deferred-autoloads s-autoloads info yaml-mode-autoloads package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 260848 26175)
 (symbols 48 35102 2)
 (miscs 40 68 224)
 (strings 32 76366 2343)
 (string-bytes 1 2396355)
 (vectors 16 28847)
 (vector-slots 8 634947 12426)
 (floats 8 121 604)
 (intervals 56 394 0)
 (buffers 992 13)
 (heap 1024 34263 1706))