Subject: Re: bug#47300: delete-window to select window with same position

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 09:43:47 +0200

>> It's not about "selecting a window", it's about "setting a frame's
 >> selected window".
 >
 > I just tried to keep the prefix `delete-window-...'.
 > Then maybe `delete-window-set-selected'?

Not very illustrative either.

 >> In general, just plugging in some existing function would usually fail
 >> here and I would like to avoid the illusion that it could work.  Also,
 >> as you can see with the 'pos' case, some work must be done _before_
 >> calling `delete-window-internal' so the actual work would have to be
 >> split among two functions at least.
 >
 > The 'pos' case is an exception.  What I meant is simple cases
 > like customizing to 'get-lru-window'.

That one would have to handle the 'no-other-window' parameter.  And we
would have to mix functions and constants as customizable values which
looks queer in the customization interface.

martin