Subject: bug#47287: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Add command project-remove-known-project

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 02:27:09 +0200

Hi!

On 21.03.2021 01:28, Theodor Thornhill via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, 
the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> This patch adds an interactive command 'project-remove-known-project',
> that lets the user interactively remove a project from the project
> list.  My usecase is that sometimes when a directory is moved, the
> project isn't deleted from the list.

What if we added an "inventorization" step in 
project--ensure-read-project-list? After having the list read, it could 
remove entries that do not exist anymore (and, if the list has been 
modified in this procedure, call project--write-project-list).

This should take care of moved directories, at least once per Emacs session.

> This command is modelled after the already present
> 'project--remove-from-project-list', but that function isn't
> interactive, and also has a specific purpose.

If the logic described above still doesn't satisfy your needs, let's add 
a command, sure.

 > I did not add a binding, nor add it to the
 > project-switch-commands. Unsure if deserves a spot there.

I don't know about a binding, but certainly it's not for 
project-switch-commands.