Subject: bug#47287: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Add command project-remove-known-project

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 08:17:30 +0200

> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 00:28:24 +0100
> From:  Theodor Thornhill via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> This patch adds an interactive command 'project-remove-known-project',
> that lets the user interactively remove a project from the project
> list.  My usecase is that sometimes when a directory is moved, the
> project isn't deleted from the list.

Thanks.  I'll let Dmitry and others comment about the command itself,
but a couple of minor nits, mainly regarding documentation:

> ++++
> +*** New command 'project-remove-known-project'.  
> +This command lets you interactively remove an entry from the list of projects
> +in 'project-list-file'
> +

The "+++" mark means that the manuals have been updated for this
change, but the patch doesn't include any change for the manuals.  If
this command is accepted, I do think it should be mentioned in the
user manual.

> +(defun project-remove-known-project (dir)
> +  "Remove directory DIR, a known project from the project list. 

This sounds somewhat confusingly: is DIR a project or a directory?
Can this be rephrased to avoid the confusion?

> +Announce the projects removal from the `project-list-file'."
                ^^^^^^^^
"project's".  And I'm not sure this part is needed in the doc string.
And the message itself perhaps should be suppressed if the function is
called non-interactively?

> This command is modelled after the already present
> 'project--remove-from-project-list', but that function isn't
> interactive, and also has a specific purpose.

So why doesn't your implementation call that function?