Subject: bug#47286: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Replace "(default %s)" with 'format-prompt'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 08:07:44 +0200

> From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 19:22:52 -0300
> 
> This patches replaces several occurences of the hardcoded minibuffer
> default prompt "(default %s)" with a call to 'format-prompt'.  It also
> removes the suffix ": ", when applicable, that is automatically handled
> by 'format-prompt'.

Thanks.  A minor nit about formatting the commit log messages in such
cases, where the same change is made in many places.

> * lisp/cmuscheme.el (scheme-load-file, scheme-compile-file): Remove
> prompt suffix ": ".
> 
> * lisp/comint.el (comint-get-source): Use 'format-prompt'.
> 
> * lisp/emulation/viper-cmd.el (viper-quote-region, viper-kill-buffer)
> (viper-query-replace): Remove prompt suffix ": ".
> (viper-read-string-with-history): Use 'format-prompt'.
> 
> * lisp/eshell/esh-mode.el (eshell-find-tag): Remove prompt suffix ": ".
> 
> * lisp/gnus/gnus-sum.el (gnus-articles-to-read)
> (gnus-summary-search-article-forward)
> (gnus-summary-search-article-backward): Use 'format-prompt'.

Instead of having a long series of basically identical text, it is
better to format this as follows:

* lisp/cmuscheme.el (scheme-load-file, scheme-compile-file):
* lisp/comint.el (comint-get-source):
* lisp/emulation/viper-cmd.el (viper-quote-region, viper-kill-buffer)
(viper-query-replace, viper-read-string-with-history):
* lisp/eshell/esh-mode.el (eshell-find-tag):
* lisp/gnus/gnus-sum.el (gnus-articles-to-read)
(gnus-summary-search-article-forward)
(gnus-summary-search-article-backward):
* lisp/international/mule-cmds.el (set-input-method, toggle-input-method)
(describe-input-method, set-language-environment)
(describe-language-environment):
* lisp/mh-e/mh-gnus.el (mh-mml-minibuffer-read-disposition)
(mh-insert-letter)
* lisp/mh-e/mh-mime.el (mh-display-with-external-viewer)
(mh-mime-save-parts, mh-mh-forward-message)
(mh-mml-query-cryptographic-method): Remove prompt suffix and
use 'format-prompt'.

That is, have the list of files and functions, and put the description
of the change only in the last one.  IME, this makes the long list
easier to read and understand.