Subject: bug#47286: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Replace "(default %s)" with 'format-prompt'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 20:06:37 +0100

Gabriel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for pointing it out. I just searched for the current source tree
> of master branch for ocurrences of "(default %s)", so I am not sure if I
> changed some package that shouldn't be update. If so, I will promptly
> update the patch.

The files that have a line like

;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "26.1") (xref "1.0.2"))

or similar should be handled with more care, yes -- they have to be
backwards-compatible, and `format-prompt' is new in Emacs 28.  So if you
could re-spin the patch without changes to files like that, I'll get it
applied (it looks good otherwise).

There are some packages that are maintained for older Emacs versions,
too, but we unfortunately have no markup to say that explicitly.
Looking over the list, I think this affects only these two files, and
should also be removed from the patch:

 lisp/progmodes/cc-styles.el
 lisp/progmodes/verilog-mode.el 

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no