Subject: 28.0.50; enriched-mode: args out of range on 'v' in dired

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 10:02:09 +0300

There is attached file "new". The file was created in enriched mode and
saved.

in latest Emacs, reproducible by:

- C-x C-f to directory with file in my case ~/

- pressing v on file "new"

- error comes: format-deannotate-region: Args out of range: 177, 177

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.4, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-03-15 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 5120b612f8520a855fc1819c3ebf86453c361e55
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(help-mode pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring disp-table enriched view misearch multi-isearch
dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs iso-transl tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 73991 7904)
 (symbols 48 7955 0)
 (strings 32 23800 2333)
 (string-bytes 1 761179)
 (vectors 16 16159)
 (vector-slots 8 209191 13302)
 (floats 8 28 36)
 (intervals 56 2480 4)
 (buffers 992 15))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis
⎔ λ 🄯 𝍄 𝌡 𝌚