Subject: Re: bug#47276: Stuck at Cloudflare 'browser checks'

From: bill-auger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 14:09:00 -0400

i dont have a solution for this; but it turned up on the
parabola bug tracker some months ago, conflated with other
similar issues, which affected icecat and parabola's iceweasel,
probably since v81 - i dont believe that the problem existed
when iceweasel was v78, so it is probably not the browser
configuration that changed; but something gitlab.com changed
recently

there seems to be multiple reasons why some websites dont work -
one of them is the "enhanced tracking protection", another is
geo-location - relaxing those settings, did not make gitlab.com
work though

there are multiple tickets on the gitlab bug tracker, which seem
to be the same problem - several suggest that it is related to
cookie expiration; but nothing indicated a solution

i discovered that i could make gitlab,com work with iceweasel,
by deleting the profile under ~/.mozilla/; but that trick did
not work for icecat - i still dont know why that website rejects
icecat - other instances of the gitlab software work as expected
- changing the user-agent does not help either