Subject: Re: bug#47274: Linphone Packages

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 00:43:21 -0400

Hello Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim!
>
>> Why create a new module for this?  We already have (gnu packages
>> build-tools), which seem a good home.
>
> The idea is similar to suckless.scm and linphone.scm. This project has
> produce multiple software, which are often inter-connected and/or 
> inter-dependent. So created dedicated module for this project 'Code
> Synthesis'.
>
> Also, I will be adding more of their packages to this module.
>
> Regards,
> RG.

OK, thanks for the answer.

As I've answered on IRC, so far, the (gnu packgaes cpp) module seems
sufficient; it's a relatively small module itself.  The problem I see
with having codesynthesis as a module is that it'd be misleading as a
module name: not all their tools are about code synthesis (that's their
company name, but that's not obvious!  I got confused that way when
first looking at your patch series).

I've merged the codesynthesis packgaes in the cpp module already; if it
becomes a problem we can revisit this choice.

Thank you,

Maxim