Subject: [bug#47274] Linphone Packages

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 00:59:46 -0400

Hello Guix!

> Fixed it in the attached patch-set. The app works now. \o/

Spoke too soon. :/

New error now.

> Anyway, I think we can do something for the following, w.r.t 
> linphone-desktop:
> [1] Warnings. Fixing them might prevent them to become errors.
> [2] Better solution than symlinks in 'post-install phase. Because 
> linphone-desktop should be able to read files in /lib and /share of 
> *all* of its dependencies. Not just for those we made symlinks for, 
> which is a temporary fix.
> 
> Regarding [1], for one of the warnings, I tried creating symlink 
> "{linphone-desktop}/lib" --> "{liblinphone}/lib", which worked. But is 
> it the correct way?
> Regarding [2], I tried wrapping the program with XDG_DATA_DIRS, but 
> didn't work.

Looks like we need to do something about the [2]. The new error is 
because of that. I can fix this new error with another symlink, but new 
ones will keep happening.

Context:
The old error that I mentioned and fixed in my previous email is, 
"[Error]Core:linphone: Could not load grammar vcard_grammar because the 
file could not be located.".
The new error I am mentioning in this email is, "[Error]Core:linphone: 
Could not load grammar identity_grammar because the file could not be 
located."

Regards,
RG.