Subject: bug#47260: Package GNU MediaGoblin as a Guix service

From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 23:15:57 +1000

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021, Ben Sturmfels wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Apr 2021, Ben Sturmfels wrote:
>
>> 5. Get a basic Guix service working, with sqlite3 and without the
>> offloaded media transcoding currently using Celery task queue with a
>> Redis broker.
>
> Woo! After a lot of trial and error, I finally have a basic MediaGoblin
> running entirely under Guix with no virtualenv trickery!
>
> After applying the attached patch to my guix repo...

Even simpler, I've now created a Guix channel for our work-in-progress
MediaGoblin package/service. See the README for instructions on enabling
the channel and installing MediaGoblin:

https://gitlab.com/BenSturmfels/mediagoblin-guix/-/blob/master/README.md

Once the channel is enabled, you can `guix install mediagoblin` and run
`gmg` commands and the web interface. All documented in the above README.

Regards,
Ben