Subject: bug#47260: Package GNU MediaGoblin as a Guix service

From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 17:50:40 +0200

On Tue, 2021-04-06 at 00:17 +1000, Ben Sturmfels wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Apr 2021, Ben Sturmfels wrote:
> 
> > 7. Work out why H264 support is missing.
> 
> This is now fixed MediaGoblin's master branch guix-env.scm by adding
> gst-libav to propagated inputs.

Hello!

I suggest not using propagated-inputs because they are likely to cause
conflicts in profiles when used. I suggest intead creating wrapper
scripts that append to the PATH variable.

Examples of such wrapper scripts can be found:

- 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=373e5fc96724fd38bb1263e4af90932ea36f596b
(PYTHONPATH more so)
- 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=00c1793ce8e2210e48b18422ea3e76da10541874
(Append xdg-utils to PATH)

Let me know if there's any questions about creating such wrappers.

Léo