Subject: bug#47256: closed (Re: bug#47256: generic-html updater does not work for mediainfo package)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 21:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47256: generic-html updater does not work for mediainfo package

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47256: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47256
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47256: generic-html updater does not work for mediainfo package
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 22:33:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]> skribis:

> $ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh mediainfo
> gnu/packages/video.scm:3852:2: warning: 'generic-html' updater failed
> to determine available releases for mediainfo

Fixed in 1710e8cb59e2ef6f1e0eb19235b6a4f1b8158bc4, thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: generic-html updater does not work for mediainfo package
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 11:12:43 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

$ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh mediainfo
gnu/packages/video.scm:3852:2: warning: 'generic-html' updater failed
to determine available releases for mediainfo

I tried adding a release-monitoring-url and hardcoding the name into
the url instead of using the variable 'name' but that did not help.

The release area has a folder with version and then a tar.gz with
version inside it's name as well, not sure if generic-html updater
supports that.

See: https://mediaarea.net/download/source/mediainfo/

Thank you!
Léo