Subject: Re: bug#47255: 28.0.50; epg-tests fail on FreeBSD12

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 09:29:00 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Stefan,,

>> I'm testing Emacs on FreeBSD 12, in a virtual machine. epg-tests.el fail
>> like this:

> Did you ever look into this more?  I guess it will be very hard to debug
> this unless you have access to an actual FreeBSD 12 machine.

I've just tested with a recent checkout of master, still the same
error. Interestingly, exactly the same two tests which fail on FreeBSD,
carry the line

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  :expected-result (if (getenv "EMACS_HYDRA_CI") :failed :passed) ; fixme
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So it isn't FreeBSD specific, but something which fails in an "alien"
environment. I've tried shortly to debug one of the test cases, hoping
it is a triviality which fails, but I've entered soon the jungle of epg
code. So I gave up.

Best regards, Michael.