Subject: bug#47244: 28.0.50; SIGSEGV in long-runnning Emacs

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 16:20:13 +0000

>>>>> Bisection requires to know the last commit where the bug didn't 
>>>>> exist.
>>>>
>>>> Not the *last* commit, that what bisection is for to find out.  It 
>>>> just requires *any* commit where the bug didn't exist.
>>>
>>> Right, but that's unknown as well here.
>>
>> Usually the first step in bisecting is to find some distant commit 
>> where the bug did not exist.
>
> Sure, but given the time it takes to reproduce the problem, that could 
> take much longer than what Martin is doing now.  And if you go far 
> enough into the past, Emacs will stop building successfully, so you are 
> stuck there.
>

IIUC the problems happens once a day or so.  I'd try to see if it still 
happens with HEAD~2500, HEAD~5000, HEAD~7500, HEAD~10000.  All of them 
build successfully, and doing this doesn't cost anything.