Subject: Re: bug#47244: 28.0.50; SIGSEGV in long-runnning Emacs

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 09:20:48 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
>>  "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
>>  "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:14:06 +0200
>> 
>> Otherwise I'm clueless.  Maybe Eli has an idea.
>
> I would like first to understand what prevents Emacs from starting.
> Does it crash at that point, i.e. inside the call to
> BUFFER_CHECK_INDIRECTION? if so, can Michael please try to identify
> what is the immediate cause of the crash?

And I find I can't ansswer the question.  I rebuilt to give that
information, and this time everything is working just fine with
--enable-checking and the most recent debugging patch.  No idea what
happened yesterday.

I will say that what happened yesterday was not a crash.  It was a
breakpoint on the

    error ("Selecting deleted buffer");

libe that was added to set_buffer_internal_2.  I think maybe I overused
that gdb session and it got confused.  I'm running now with the latest
patch and we'll see if the problem triggers today.

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])