Subject: bug#47244: 28.0.50; SIGSEGV in long-runnning Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 18:02:24 +0300

> From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
>         "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
>         "[email-masked]"
>  <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:39:35 -0400
> 
> (gdb) p current_buffer->name_
> $4 = XIL(0x5555573519f4)
> (gdb) xstring
> $5 = (struct Lisp_String *) 0x5555573519f0
> " *nntpd*"

Any idea where could be the Lisp code that switches from " *nntpd*" to
the buffer in the currently selected window?  Perhaps some
with-current-buffer thing somewhere?

Since " *nntpd*" is probably a buffer where Gnus fetches articles, or
otherwise communicates with an NNTP server, does this per chance
happen in a separate thread in your session?  (AFAIR, Gnus can fetch
articles in a separate Lisp thread.)