Subject: bug#47236: 28.0.50; ebdb-mua-pop-up bad interaction with gnus window configurations

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 09:08:54 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 20:20:18 -0400
> 
> I have hundreds of thousands of files, each containing one old
> outgoing message in a format like the one below, with --text follows
> this line-- separating body from headers.  I want to continue to be
> able to edit them, even send one again and edit it if necessary.

I see no reason why message-mode will get in the way for these
messages; in particular, it supports the same "--text follows this
line--" marker.

But perhaps I misunderstand what features of mail-mode you are using
when you handle these files.  Can you list a few mail-mode commands
you use with them?

> I also have some custom functions that work with Mail mode
> that I would need to adapt for Message mode.

Right, that might be some work.

Anyway, I don't think we will be removing mail-mode any time soon.