Subject: Re: bug#47236: 28.0.50; ebdb-mua-pop-up bad interaction with gnus window configurations

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 20:20:18 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > I think it's a misunderstanding.  The effect of message mode on
  > display, while not identical to mail-mode, is quite similar, AFAIR.

I don't clearly understand "effect...on display", but it isn't about
what displays.

I have hundreds of thousands of files, each containing one old
outgoing message in a format like the one below, with --text follows
this line-- separating body from headers.  I want to continue to be
able to edit them, even send one again and edit it if necessary.

I also have some custom functions that work with Mail mode
that I would need to adapt for Message mode.  Probably not deeply
difficult, but I'd need some help finding my way around Message mode
to redo them.

======================================================================
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=Utf-8
From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
To: ...name redacted...
Subject: Problem with your phone system
bcc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
--text follows this line--
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I just called you and got the answering system.  The personal message
from you was very low volume; I could barely hear it.  Then the
standard message, "Please leave a message after the beep; then you can
hang up or press ..." was much louder -- just the right volume, I
would say.

So the low volume on the personal part of the message
must be a problem in your system.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.
======================================================================

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)