Subject: bug#47227: closed (Re: bug#47227: Create git-tag refresh updater)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2025 13:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47227: Create git-tag refresh updater

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47227: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47227
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47227: Create git-tag refresh updater
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2025 22:31:05 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

That's been implemented for a while ('guix refresh' is able to fetch git
repository for new tags and upgrade a package to the latest one).

Closing.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: Create git-tag refresh updater
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 10:06:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

We could do it without cloning the repos, for example the "fennel"
package:

$ git ls-remote --tags https://git.sr.ht/~technomancy/fennel
e54a85b3525a44ac16d6a4e35d19a1d5d6948ce2	refs/tags/0.1.0
5c58b24f5261734caff25b9cbe2e8b551027a8bd	refs/tags/0.1.1
f7cbd4c49b2108affa3afa0c387b37dd90e48d6f	refs/tags/0.2.0
e46442afea2d833cf3ca7fec66101bcb2f986a00	refs/tags/0.2.1
324a4a8bdc3ecfff40dd677ccc707ab1750a7a16	refs/tags/0.2.1-2
75edbcf3badd07b1244e9d761773f77c2cccb84a	refs/tags/0.3.0
16c04d8e87e07efbcaff21d4dab03d1189701ddd	refs/tags/0.3.0^{}
744f04a70c60157ea9b49b627d18f9376f89b33e	refs/tags/0.3.1
e4571dc1a133cc3297bc38e1aa65d9be3efb23a2	refs/tags/0.3.1^{}
04debbe42058138780dbc5d2f1320b5ace1ad1fa	refs/tags/0.3.2
fcd485bbb6ab9508c1d2793c9cf71a2b8b4ba058	refs/tags/0.3.2^{}
1b379dd2721b1f937113239aa530f667fa94a314	refs/tags/0.4.0
f19d3687cf827675068f26ef09912a070e2632bb	refs/tags/0.4.0^{}
2ce305f93da6a1f4b160073615b00ccf30e34e51	refs/tags/0.4.1
f50a98f955e771e1ead624c33476bf9c5971623d	refs/tags/0.4.1^{}
db8c3666d59bd5786bc70240e28c3ed7a9584b63	refs/tags/0.4.2
4510d04d33f0bf85ce5755455df817e8054eabd1	refs/tags/0.4.2^{}
3f6efd9a9853734879c133ea0c082ccf25945b47	refs/tags/0.5.0
336b0ecbda38c26d8bc68820748376f2f0e3a99a	refs/tags/0.5.0^{}
2255a17b7f89be0c5f06b8c188ee0b231d217da2	refs/tags/0.6.0
03263b8bea5ccf928978920f5082e42bc69c9ad8	refs/tags/0.6.0^{}
18590cbf192785939a63f6876bc7fd256684780b	refs/tags/0.7.0
864b515fec881a1ed593ab3494cdbc085891ad78	refs/tags/0.7.0^{}
57a17ce174bceb52d9b0effd6a81fc0b2a09d19f	refs/tags/0.8.0
9a9b87b3596634ceb0b86dc1a0d450aa785b5406	refs/tags/0.8.0^{}
0545ff5df25ea019fcb6fc1dcb40da06b35320e9	refs/tags/0.8.1
13042ec03837b72f8d14c04e9abe3ddae88449fa	refs/tags/0.8.1^{}

Note: This is probably not the best example because the current
generic-html updater could be adapted to work when the following patch
is applied but you get the idea.

diff --git a/gnu/packages/lua.scm b/gnu/packages/lua.scm
index edb3f85109..36fd1eb066 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/lua.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/lua.scm
@@ -1175,6 +1175,8 @@ enabled.")
               (snippet
                '(begin
                   (delete-file "fennelview.lua") #t))))
+    (properties
+     '((release-monitoring-url . "https://fennel-lang.org/downloads/")
))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
     (arguments
      '(#:make-flags (list (string-append "PREFIX=" (assoc-ref %outputs
"out")))

(Current it does not work for some reason see 
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47226)