Subject: [bug#47214] [core-updates] gnu: python: Remove unnecessary files

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 11:46:44 +0200

Hi,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Le Fri, 19 Mar 2021 13:27:06 +0100,
> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>
>> > From 0d2d9a32cbbf24eadf74271b2fb1304b7a72d281 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00
>> > 2001 From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
>> > Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 13:33:22 +0100
>> > Subject: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: python: Remove unnecessary files.
>> >
>> > * gnu/packages/python.scm (python2)[arguments]: Remove files built
>> > during the test phase.
>> > (python3)[arguments]: Also remove windows binaries shipped with the
>> > sources.  
>> 
>> Unless it causes bootstrapping issues, I recommend removing those
>> files from a snippet so that ‘guix build -S python’ returns the
>> cleaned-up source.

[...]

> Hi, sorry for the late reply. I need to use unzip on these files to
> remove some of their content, and rezip them later. How can I do that
> from a snippet?

Oh right, the bit that unzips/rezips .whl files cannot easily be done
from a snippet, so better keep it as a phase.

Deleting *.exe can be done from a snippet though.

BTW, the patch reads:

   (find-files "Lib/distutils/command" ".*.exe$")

but the regexp should be:

  "\\.exe$"

(“.*” is unnecessary, but the dot before “exe” must be protected.)

Likewise for:

  (find-files "Lib/ensurepip" ".*.whl$")

Thanks,
Ludo’.