Subject: bug#47191: File as attachment

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 17:28:03 +0200

> From: Damien <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 07:48:39 +0000
> 
> Also here is the file as attachment to make sure it was not a copy/paste error

Thanks.

Emacs infloops in redisplay when visiting this file, because
fontification of this file infloops, and that happens on the master
branch as well, so it has nothing to do with native-compilation
branch.  The infloop seems to be in c-forward-name, I attach the
backtrace below.

Alan, could you please look into this?

  #0  exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000006d786e0),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000006d4ad80), maxdepth=make_fixnum(9),
      args_template=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:632
  #1  0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d4af30),
      syms_left=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at eval.c:3036
  #2  0x0125fda5 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d4af30), nargs=0,
      arg_vector=0x8234a0) at eval.c:3186
  #3  0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x823498) at eval.c:2916
  #4  0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000006d78790),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000006d4b110), maxdepth=make_fixnum(8),
      args_template=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:632
  #5  0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d4b358),
      syms_left=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at eval.c:3036
  #6  0x0125fda5 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d4b358), nargs=1,
      arg_vector=0x823e30) at eval.c:3186
  #7  0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x823e28) at eval.c:2916
  #8  0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000006379710),
      vector=XIL(0xa00000000632b208), maxdepth=make_fixnum(22),
      args_template=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:632
  #9  0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa00000000632b838),
      syms_left=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at eval.c:3036
  #10 0x0125fda5 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa00000000632b838), nargs=3,
      arg_vector=0x825240) at eval.c:3186
  #11 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x825238) at eval.c:2916
  #12 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000006f43090),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000006d7e508), maxdepth=make_fixnum(8),
      args_template=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:632
  #13 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d7e6e0),
      syms_left=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at eval.c:3036
  #14 0x0125fda5 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d7e6e0), nargs=3,
      arg_vector=0x825990) at eval.c:3186
  #15 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x825988) at eval.c:2916
  #16 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000006d6e030),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000006f0cc38), maxdepth=make_fixnum(12),
      args_template=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:632
  #17 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000006f0aef8),
      syms_left=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at eval.c:3036
  #18 0x0125fda5 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000006f0aef8), nargs=4,
      arg_vector=0x826d30) at eval.c:3186
  #19 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x826d28) at eval.c:2916
  #20 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000006f43070),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000006d7e708), maxdepth=make_fixnum(13),
      args_template=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:632
  #21 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d7e7e0),
      syms_left=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at eval.c:3036
  #22 0x0125fda5 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000006d7e7e0), nargs=1,
      arg_vector=0x8273c8) at eval.c:3186
  #23 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x8273c0) at eval.c:2916
  #24 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x80000000059b1b9c),
      vector=XIL(0xa0000000059b142c), maxdepth=make_fixnum(23),
      args_template=make_fixnum(770), nargs=3, args=0x827b58) at bytecode.c:632
  #25 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059b13fc),
      syms_left=make_fixnum(770), nargs=3, args=0x827b40) at eval.c:3036
  #26 0x0125f7ce in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059b13fc), nargs=3,
      arg_vector=0x827b40) at eval.c:3117
  #27 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x827b38) at eval.c:2916
  #28 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000005c12a94),
      vector=XIL(0xa0000000059b0c6c), maxdepth=make_fixnum(11),
      args_template=make_fixnum(771), nargs=3, args=0x8281a8) at bytecode.c:632
  #29 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059b0c3c),
      syms_left=make_fixnum(771), nargs=3, args=0x828190) at eval.c:3036
  #30 0x0125f7ce in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059b0c3c), nargs=3,
      arg_vector=0x828190) at eval.c:3117
  #31 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x828188) at eval.c:2916
  #32 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000006f4c010),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000006fb3248), maxdepth=make_fixnum(5),
      args_template=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:632
  #33 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000000ffaa88),
      syms_left=XIL(0), nargs=0, args=0x0) at eval.c:3036
  #34 0x0125fda5 in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000000ffaa88), nargs=3,
      arg_vector=0x828808) at eval.c:3186
  #35 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x828800) at eval.c:2916
  #36 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000005c12b5c),
      vector=XIL(0xa0000000059b0b9c), maxdepth=make_fixnum(7),
      args_template=make_fixnum(770), nargs=2, args=0x828dd8) at bytecode.c:632
  #37 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059b0b6c),
      syms_left=make_fixnum(770), nargs=2, args=0x828dc8) at eval.c:3036
  #38 0x0125f7ce in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059b0b6c), nargs=2,
      arg_vector=0x828dc8) at eval.c:3117
  #39 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x828dc0) at eval.c:2916
  #40 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000005a0f26c),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000006fdbce8), maxdepth=make_fixnum(10),
      args_template=make_fixnum(257), nargs=1, args=0x8296a0) at bytecode.c:632
  #41 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000006fdbd30),
      syms_left=make_fixnum(257), nargs=1, args=0x829698) at eval.c:3036
  #42 0x0125f7ce in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000006fdbd30), nargs=1,
      arg_vector=0x829698) at eval.c:3117
  #43 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x829690) at eval.c:2916
  #44 0x0125d363 in run_hook_wrapped_funcall (nargs=2, args=0x829690)
      at eval.c:2651
  #45 0x0125d814 in run_hook_with_args (nargs=2, args=0x829690,
      funcall=0x125d31b <run_hook_wrapped_funcall>) at eval.c:2732
  #46 0x0125d3b2 in Frun_hook_wrapped (nargs=2, args=0x829690) at eval.c:2666
  #47 0x0125ebb4 in funcall_subr (subr=0x1713ce0 <Srun_hook_wrapped>,
      numargs=2, args=0x829690) at eval.c:2967
  #48 0x0125e722 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x829688) at eval.c:2914
  #49 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000005a0f43c),
      vector=XIL(0xa000000005a0f124), maxdepth=make_fixnum(16),
      args_template=make_fixnum(514), nargs=2, args=0x829cd0) at bytecode.c:632
  #50 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa000000005a0f0f4),
      syms_left=make_fixnum(514), nargs=2, args=0x829cc0) at eval.c:3036
  #51 0x0125f7ce in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa000000005a0f0f4), nargs=2,
      arg_vector=0x829cc0) at eval.c:3117
  #52 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x829cb8) at eval.c:2916
  #53 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000005c7f634),
      vector=XIL(0xa0000000059504d4), maxdepth=make_fixnum(27),
      args_template=make_fixnum(512), nargs=2, args=0x82a3f8) at bytecode.c:632
  #54 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059504a4),
      syms_left=make_fixnum(512), nargs=2, args=0x82a3e8) at eval.c:3036
  #55 0x0125f7ce in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa0000000059504a4), nargs=2,
      arg_vector=0x82a3e8) at eval.c:3117
  #56 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x82a3e0) at eval.c:2916
  #57 0x012c9c64 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x8000000005c7f6c4),
      vector=XIL(0xa00000000595019c), maxdepth=make_fixnum(12),
      args_template=make_fixnum(257), nargs=1, args=0x82aa70) at bytecode.c:632
  #58 0x0125f251 in fetch_and_exec_byte_code (fun=XIL(0xa00000000595016c),
      syms_left=make_fixnum(257), nargs=1, args=0x82aa68) at eval.c:3036
  #59 0x0125f7ce in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0xa00000000595016c), nargs=1,
      arg_vector=0x82aa68) at eval.c:3117
  #60 0x0125e77c in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x82aa60) at eval.c:2916
  #61 0x01258d8b in internal_condition_case_n (bfun=0x125e546 <Ffuncall>,
      nargs=2, args=0x82aa60, handlers=XIL(0x30),
      hfun=0x10415e2 <safe_eval_handler>) at eval.c:1519
  #62 0x01041815 in safe__call (inhibit_quit=false, nargs=2,
      func=XIL(0x410debc), ap=0x82ab24 "") at xdisp.c:2981
  #63 0x0104188e in safe_call (nargs=2, func=XIL(0x410debc)) at xdisp.c:2996
  #64 0x010418e2 in safe_call1 (fn=XIL(0x410debc), arg=make_fixnum(1))
      at xdisp.c:3007
  #65 0x0104555a in handle_fontified_prop (it=0x82adc8) at xdisp.c:4313
  #66 0x01043ee1 in handle_stop (it=0x82adc8) at xdisp.c:3841
  #67 0x0104f729 in reseat (it=0x82adc8, pos=..., force_p=true) at xdisp.c:7087
  #68 0x0104313f in init_iterator (it=0x82adc8, w=0x6c63828, charpos=1,
      bytepos=1, row=0x6d999a0, base_face_id=DEFAULT_FACE_ID) at xdisp.c:3442
  #69 0x010431d7 in start_display (it=0x82adc8, w=0x6c63828, pos=...)
      at xdisp.c:3458
  #70 0x01077b56 in try_window (window=XIL(0xa000000006c63828), pos=...,
      flags=1) at xdisp.c:19451
  #71 0x01074728 in redisplay_window (window=XIL(0xa000000006c63828),
      just_this_one_p=false) at xdisp.c:18867
  #72 0x0106c205 in redisplay_window_0 (window=XIL(0xa000000006c63828))
      at xdisp.c:16581
  #73 0x01258b9b in internal_condition_case_1 (
      bfun=0x106c1ad <redisplay_window_0>, arg=XIL(0xa000000006c63828),
      handlers=XIL(0xc000000005ca111c), hfun=0x106c16a <redisplay_window_error>)
      at eval.c:1463
  #74 0x0106c12c in redisplay_windows (window=XIL(0xa000000006c63828))
      at xdisp.c:16561
  #75 0x0106a97d in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:16029
  #76 0x010681a8 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:15245
  #77 0x01169314 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=XIL(0xc000000006fbe420),
      prev_event=XIL(0), used_mouse_menu=0x82f42f, end_time=0x0)
      at keyboard.c:2496
  #78 0x011810c8 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x82f730, prompt=XIL(0),
      dont_downcase_last=false, can_return_switch_frame=true,
      fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9491
  #79 0x01164e96 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1353
  #80 0x01258ab1 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x1164773 <command_loop_1>,
      handlers=XIL(0x90), hfun=0x11639d1 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1439
  #81 0x011641e0 in command_loop_2 (ignore=XIL(0)) at keyboard.c:1094
  #82 0x01257b94 in internal_catch (tag=XIL(0xe3d0),
      func=0x11641a3 <command_loop_2>, arg=XIL(0)) at eval.c:1189
  #83 0x0116415d in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1073
  #84 0x01163461 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:720
  #85 0x011636cf in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:789
  #86 0x0115edc5 in main (argc=2, argv=0xa42848) at emacs.c:2050

  Lisp Backtrace:
  "c-forward-name" (0x8234a0)
  "c-forward-type" (0x823e30)
  "c-forward-decl-or-cast-1" (0x825240)
  0x6d7e6e0 PVEC_COMPILED
  "c-find-decl-spots" (0x826d30)
  "c-font-lock-declarations" (0x8273c8)
  "font-lock-fontify-keywords-region" (0x827b40)
  "font-lock-default-fontify-region" (0x828190)
  "c-font-lock-fontify-region" (0x828808)
  "font-lock-fontify-region" (0x828dc8)
  0x6fdbd30 PVEC_COMPILED
  "run-hook-wrapped" (0x829690)
  "jit-lock--run-functions" (0x829cc0)
  "jit-lock-fontify-now" (0x82a3e8)
  "jit-lock-function" (0x82aa68)
  "redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x0)