Subject: Re: bug#4717: 23.1.50; C-M-h in bibtex mode

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 08:18:04 +0000

>>>>> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> It looks like the major issue here has been fixed since this was
    >> reported -- `C-M-h' now activates the region.  But it still
    >> places point at the end of the region (instead of the beginning,
    >> as it does in all other modes).
    >> 
    >> Is this something that should be fixed, Roland, or would it be
    >> too disruptive for bibtex users?

    > There was no response in a month, so I went ahead and changed this
    > command in bibtex-mode to work like in other modes in Emacs 29.
    > If this is too disruptive, go ahead and revert it (and mark this
    > bug report as "wontfix" instead).

Personally, I find the change to be a confounded nuisance. If I am just
copying a region then I want the point to remain at the end of the
region and not return to the beginning.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.