Subject: Re: 23.1.50; C-M-h in bibtex mode

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:09:29 -0500

On Thu Oct 15 2009 Chong Yidong wrote:
> Could you take a look at this bug? There seems to be no good
> reason for bibtex to behave differently than the rest of Emacs.
> What bibtex-mode probably needs to do is to bind
> beginning/end-of-defun-function to bibtex-beginning/end-of-entry.
> Then you can remove bibtex-mark-entry (or rather make it an
> obsolete alias for mark-defun).

I thought I could do that quickly, till I realized there is a minor
nuisance:

There are several functions / commands that could benefit from
binding beginning/end-of-defun-function to bibtex-beginning/end-of-entry.
Yet for historical reasons bibtex-beginning/end-of-entry behave
slightly different from the `standard' beginning/end-of-defun.
So the proper solution will be to make these bibtex functions behave
similar to beginning/end-of-defun
This will require to check also the internal usage of
bibtex-beginning/end-of-entry by bibtex-mode, which is just a bit
more work...

Roland